1. A full length mirror in a well-lit area. Obviously, a full length mirror will help you find out if something fits well, and a well lit area will ensure that your dress/top/pants are not see through or that you need to change undergarments.
2. A lint roller. Duh, I know. But, if you're like me, somehow, the sweater you put away clean last week always seems to wind up with little lint balls all over it! A quick swipe with a lint roller will do the trick. (Another helpful hint: if you're wearing dark colored bottoms in a nicer restaurant with linen napkins, ask your hostess for a black napkin. They usually keep a bunch in stock, and it will ensure that you won't spend the rest of your day or evening trying to pick lint balls off your legs!)
3. Fashion tape. I'm no Jennifer Lopez (remember that dress?) but I still keep fashion tape (I've even used double stick scotch tape in a pinch!) around. What do I use it for, you ask? Well, if I'm wearing a button up, I always put some between those two buttons that always manage to gap open! Works like a charm. I've even used it to hold up a hem in a pinch.
4. Blister block. This stuff has saved my feet from painful blisters more times than I can count, and I've gotten my sister and all of my friends hooked on it. Swipe a little on on the "rubby" areas of your feet, and toss the little tube in your bag for touch ups later.
5. In keeping with the feet theme, shoe pads. These little lifesavers come in all kinds of shapes, brands, prices and sizes. You can pick up a pack at anywhere from Walgreens to Nordstrom. Personally, I'm a big fan of the heel pads because I have narrow heels that seem to always slip out of pumps (they kind of "fill in" the heel area, and add some cushioning, to boot!), but if the balls of your feet always ache, I'd try the cushions that are made to fit there!
6. Nude pumps. Ok, so this is more of a wardrobe item than a wardrobe "help" item, but if you've ever felt like no shoes matched your outfit, you definitely need to invest in a pair of these babies. They seriously go with anything from a LBD to a floral mini, and they make your legs look miles long as an added bonus.
7. A sewing kit. This may be the most obvious item on the list, but it's probably also the most helpful. Keep some extra buttons, as a precaution!
8. Dryer sheets. These aren't just for throwing in the dryer! If you smear deodorant on your clothes, use a dry dryer sheet to rub it off (trust me, it works).
9. A tide to go pen or shout wipes. I know I'm not the only clumsy one that's ever spilled lunch. These will get a stain out before it has time to set in and ruin your favorite top!
10. Well fitting undergarments. If you've heard it once, you've heard it a thousand times. Go get fitted for a bra by a professional. It'll change the way you look in your clothes. Make sure you own a well fitting strapless bra, and a great skin tone colored regular bra, too. A skin tone colored bra can be worn under anything, and you won't see it! Also, make sure you have some skin tone colored underwear, for when you wear light colored dresses. I also like to make sure I have a black slip, and a nude slip, and some Spanx for when I'm wearing something tight. Yes, I just admitted I wear Spanx sometimes. I think I'll end the list there!
What's in your wardrobe emergency kit?